Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Fully revised text for each disorder with updated sections on associated features, development and course, risk factors, culture, suicide, differential diagnosis, and more.
- Addition of prolonged grief disorder to Section II—a new disorder for diagnosis
- New codes to flag and monitor suicidal behavior, available to all clinicians of any discipline and without the requirement of any other diagnosis
- Modified criteria sets with helpful clarifications since publication of DSM-5
- Fully updated ICD-10-CM codes implemented since 2013, including over 50 coding updates new to DSM-5-TR for substance intoxication and withdrawal
- Updated and redesigned Diagnostic Classification
For orders requiring pre-payment, we can send a pro forma invoice based on your purchase order information. Pro forma invoices must be paid in full before the order will be shipped.
You can send your purchase order via:
American Psychiatric Association Publishing,
A Division of American Psychiatric Association
800 Maine Avenue, S.W. Suite 900
Washington, DC 20024
A valid purchase order must be an original document with the following information:
- Company Name
- Purchase order number
- Bill to and Ship to addresses
- Quantity, item numbers and descriptions
- Price (prices can be obtained by visiting www.appi.org or by calling 1-800-368- 5777)
- Shipping instructions. Customers have the option of using your own freight company.
- If not using your freight company, please add 9.5% of order total for shipping and handling. Shipping and handling applies to book orders, not subscriptions.
If you have additional questions, please contact customer service using the information at left (above on mobile).
- Book submission guidelines
- Journal submission guidelines (please select the appropriate journal):
eBooks and Audiobooks Questions
An eBook is an electronic version of a book. APA Publishing eBooks allow users to read publications on personal computers and mobile devices. APA Publishing eBooks retain the look of a printed book—with the layout, figures, and images intact—but fonts and font sizes are adjustable for closer study. Users can read eBooks online or download them for offline reading.
An audiobook is an electronic recording of a voice actor or actress reading a book. APA Publishing audiobooks allow users to listen to publications on personal computers and mobile devices. Users can listen to audiobooks online or download them for offline listening.
All APA Publishing eBooks and audiobooks have a sample available.
For eBooks, click the View Inside button below the cover image for a free preview through the iPublish View Inside feature on the site.
For audiobooks, click the "Play Sample" button below the cover image. Ensure your device is capable of playing audio and your volume is set to audible levels.
Only a select number of titles are available as audiobooks. You can explore our audiobook titles by going to our Products list and clicking the "Audiobooks" checkbox on the left side.
Almost all new APA Publishing titles are released in both print and eBook formats. We also offer an expanding list of backlist titles as eBooks. You can explore our eBook titles by going to our Products list and clicking the "Ebooks" checkbox on the left side.
If there is an APA Publishing book you would like to see as an eBook or audiobook that isn’t currently in that format, please contact us at [email protected] and let us know.
- iOS App:
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Android App:
- Requires Android 5.0 and up
- Platform on Online Browsers:
- Chrome –Version 42 and above
- Firefox –Version 37 and above
- Safari – Version 8 and above
- Internet Explorer – Version 11 and above
- iOS Device browsers – Device version 7.0 and above
- Android device browsers – Device version 4.4 and above
APA Publishing eBooks are encrypted PDF or ePub2 files.
You can download eBooks to the iPublishCentral Reader on your personal computer (PC or Mac).
eBooks and audiobooks purchased on the APA Publishing website cannot be downloaded as a file and cannot be read on any other third party reader (eg, Apple’s iBook app, Kindle, Audible, Barnes and Noble eReader, Stanza, Mobipocket Reader, Microsoft Reader). They must be accessed through the APA Publishing eBooks Reader apps (available in the Apple App store or Google Play store) or online at ebooks.appi.org.
APA Publishing eBooks and audiobooks cannot be downloaded or copied to a flash drive.
APA Publishing eBooks cannot be printed.
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website to people with disabilities. If you have trouble accessing any of APA Publishing's web resources, please contact us by telephone at 202-459-9722 or email at [email protected] for assistance.