Study Guide to Geriatric Psychiatry
A Companion to The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Geriatric Psychiatry, Fifth Edition
Philip R. Muskin, M.D., and Anna L. Dickerman, M.D.
- 352 Pages
- Editorial Reviews
- ISBN 978-1-61537-045-0
- Item #37045
Study Guide to Geriatric Psychiatry is a question-and-answer companion that allows you to evaluate your mastery of the subject matter as you progress through The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Geriatric Psychiatry, Fifth Edition. The Study Guide is made up of approximately 255 questions divided into 25 individual quizzes of 8–17 questions each that correspond to chapters in the textbook. Questions are followed by an answer guide that references relevant text (including the page numbers) in the textbook to allow quick access to needed information. Each answer is accompanied by a discussion that not only addresses the correct response but also explains why other responses are not correct.
The Study Guide's companion, The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Geriatric Psychiatry, Fifth Edition, has been thoroughly reorganized and updated to reflect new findings, with expanded treatment options and considerations and future directions, such as translational research, enhancing the text's utility while maintaining its reputation as the foremost reference and clinical guide on the subject.
- Disclosure of Interests
- Part II: Answer Guide
- Chapter 1. Demography and Epidemiology of Psychiatric Disorders in Late Life
- Chapter 2. Physiological and Clinical Considerations of Geriatric Patient Care
- Chapter 3. Genomics in Geriatric Psychiatry
- Chapter 4. The Psychiatric Interview of Older Adults
- Chapter 5. Use of the Laboratory in the Diagnostic Workup of Older Adults
- Chapter 6. Neuropsychological Assessment of Late-Life Cognitive Disorders
- Chapter 7. Delirium
- Chapter 8. Dementia and Mild Neurocognitive Disorders
- Chapter 9. Depressive Disorders
- Chapter 10. Bipolar and Related Disorders
- Chapter 11. Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders
- Chapter 12. Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive, and Trauma-Related Disorders
- Chapter 13. Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders
- Chapter 14. Sexuality and Aging
- Chapter 15. Bereavement
- Chapter 16. Sleep and Circadian Rhythm Disorders
- Chapter 17. Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
- Chapter 18. Personality Disorders
- Chapter 19. Agitation in Older Adults
- Chapter 20. Psychopharmacology
- Chapter 21. Electroconvulsive Therapy and Other Forms of Brain Stimulation
- Chapter 22. Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Chapter 23. Individual and Group Psychotherapy
- Chapter 24. Working With Families of Older Adults
- Chapter 25. Clinical Psychiatry in the Nursing Home
- Part II: Answer Guide
- Ali Abas Asghar-Ali, M.D.
Jimmy N. Avari, M.D.
James G. Bouknight, M.D., Ph.D.
Lisa L. Boyle, M.D.
Johanna A. Cabassa, M.D.
Jack Castro, M.D.
Adam Critchfield, M.D.
Karina Davis, M.D.
Nanette M. Dowling, D.O.
Diana Feldman, M.D.
Lauren B. Gerlach, D.O.
Liliya Gershengoren, M.D.
Juliet A. Glover, M.D.
Gary J. Kennedy, M.D.
Daniel Knoepflmacher, M.D.
Rushiraj Laiwala, M.D.
Maria I. Lapid, M.D.
Katherine Levine, M.D.
Susan M. Maixner, M.D.
Kristin McArthur, M.D.
Mark Nathanson, M.D.
Nancy Needell, M.D.
Yara A. Bonet Pagan, M.D.
Anusha Ranganathan, M.D.
Swapnil Rath, M.D.
Teri Rummans, M.D.
Shilpa Srinivasan, M.D.
Daniel Varon, M.D.
Marcia L. Verduin, M.D.
Monique Yohanan, M.D.
About the Authors
Philip R. Muskin, M.D., is Professor of Psychiatry at Columbia University Medical Center, Chief of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia Campus, and on the Faculty of Columbia University Center for Psychoanalytic Training and Research in New York, New York.
Anna L. Dickerman, M.D., is Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Psychiatrist, Psychiatry Consultation-Liaison Service at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weil Cornell Medical Center in New York, New York.
Written and edited by contributors to the textbook, this is an excellent and useful tool for studying for the board certification examination in geriatric psychiatry. I highly recommend it to those studying for this examination.—Michael Schrift, D.O., Doody's Book Review